The following was posted by Fred C:
There are a lot more ‘dodgy’ concepts put out by non-dual ‘communicators’ that need clarifying too:
1. There is nothing you can do to realise reality because there is no one.
2. It is hopeless. Life is utterly meaningless
3. “i am not a teacher because I can’t teach you to be who you already are”
4. There is nothing you can do because awakening is uncaused (but at the same time there is an admittance that liberation is gradual, as if there really is a cause and effect path- or a someone who traverses it)
5. “Realisation is the realisation that there is no I” — what so realised beings only go around always noticing that there is no I anymore and that’s all there is to it?
6. Compassion is not required and a hangover from old spiritual teachings that don’t work 7. Wisdom is not needed in the modern non-dual communication as there is no one to be wise.
8. ALL there is is THIS
9. There is Nothing, period!
10. Liberation doesn’t make you a better or wiser person, you can still be a horrible, nasty, small minded person who causes harm to others and be liberated.
11. It has got nothing to do with thoughts and thinking but energy. Energy is contracted in the body and this is the cause of a me that feels small and restricted. 12. The energy needs to shift from contracted to uncontracted for awakening to occur.